Saturday 3 September 2016

Blogger Introduction

My name is Cedric M. Schmitz and this is my first Blog.

I was born in Munich, but moved to Singapore after 2 months of my new life. I lived there for the first five years of my life. We then moved back to Germany for 3 and a half years, before leaving to Uganda. These were honestly the best five years of my life growing up. Uganda has offered us the most variety of things to do, while still offering a "normal" human life. After the end in this spiffing country, my family and I headed back to Germany once again, where we stayed another 4 years before moving to our current country, Abu Dhabi.

Within the recent years, I have discovered a passion for a few things. These involve football (the English one), golf, physics and maths, computers and last but not least, Star Wars. I've always like Star Wars, it was my childhood, but I recently discovered a deep passion for the Star Wars Universe.

Growing up bilingual, language was always an important factor in my life. Even though I am German, I wouldn't consider the language my mother tongue. I've always been better - not amazing though - at English. Due to my luck of having the privilege to grow up bilingual, I've never fully experienced exclusion due to language barriers.

To finish off, I shall discuss my planned future: I'm 90% set on what I want to study and be when I have the opportunity to. Since languages have not been my strongpoint, I've always strived to work in the field of physics. Right now, I plan to study some form of engineering, whether it's industrial/economic engineer, electric engineer or software engineer.


"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda, Empire strikes back


4 comments:

  1. Nice explanation of yourself! It's very intriguing! i found it interesting the places you have been fortunate enough to live in and travel to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you combine your love of physics with your love of sci-fi (or at least, Star Wars)? It'd be interesting to see something that could've been pulled straight out of a movie applied in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Language is a part of everyone's lives indeed. Even I am not good with my mother tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an enjoyable first blog post. I hope you find you transition to Abu Dhabi to be a smooth one. As a bilingual speaker you will likely find much of the content of our first unit to be familiar.

    ReplyDelete